Baked Potato Gnocchi with Fontina Cheese Sauce – gnocchi smothered in a creamy fontina cheese sauce adds melt in your mouth flavor to these filling potato puffs. Gnocchi is a type of Italian dumpling made from potatoes and flour. Homemade gnocchi are delicious and easier to prepare than one might imagine. However, to save time this recipe uses Trader Joe's premade vacuum-packed potato gnocchi.
Baked Gnocchi with Fontina Cheese Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe's Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe's Fontina Cheese, grated
- 1 package Potato Gnocchi (located in the pasta section)
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Add two-thirds of the cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat; cover pan to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook gnocchi according to package. Once cooked, transfer gnocchi with a slotted spoon to the 8-inch baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over gnocchi, and gently toss. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake gnocchi until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 373| Total Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 1018mg | Carbohydrates: 45g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 9g
Serving size: 3/4 cup gnocchi