Black bean and sweet potato enchiladas, smothered in salsa verde. This delicious, hearty vegetarian entrée is high in protein, vitamin A, and iron. These enchiladas have tons of flavor, and are a great hearty meatless meal.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas Recipe
Yield: 10 enchiladas
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 25 min
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 15-oz can Trader Joe's Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4-oz can Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Diced Green Chile
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 12-oz jar of Trader Joe's Salsa Verde
- 10 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potato, black beans, garlic, green chile, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, jalapeños, and lime juice. Mix to combine, and add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Assemble the enchiladas: Warm the tortillas for a minute in the microwave, or one by one in a skillet. In a large baking dish, spread enough salsa verde to lightly cover the bottom. Add 1/10 of the filling to each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and roll it up. Place the enchilada seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top the enchiladas with the remaining salsa verde and cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and tortillas look slightly golden.