A decadent but not overly sweet chocolate tart. This easy chocolate tart recipe features a hazelnut and graham cracker crust layered with sliced bananas and topped with semi or bitter-sweet chocolate mixed with cream.
Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Tart Recipe
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 15 min | Inactive time: 2 hr
- 3/4 Trader Joe's Raw Hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 cups Trader Joe's Honey Graham Crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe's Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 ounces Trader Joe's PoundPlus Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped or Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 large firm bananas, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Make crust: Butter a 9-inch tart pan. In a food processor, grind hazelnuts and graham crackers until fine. Add melted butter and pulse to combine. Press crumb mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool crust on rack.
- Make filling: Bring cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Thinly slice one banana and layer it on the bottom of the tart shell. Pour chocolate filling over the banana slices. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove the tart from the refrigerator. Top with remaining banana slices and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 295| Total Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 89mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16 g | Protein: 4g
Serving size: 1/12 tart