This classic sandwich combines thinly sliced steak, onions, peppers, and melted cheese in a toasted roll.
Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Yield: 4 Philly Cheesesteaks
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 20 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large Trader Joe's Organic Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1lb package Trader Joe's Chipolte Flat Iron Beef Chuck Steak, cut into thin strips (refrigerated section)
- 1 Trader Joe's Baguette, cut into fours and sliced down the middle
- 4 slices Trader Joe's Sliced Lite Provolone Cheese
- Preheat Broiler
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green pepper and onion and sauté until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook Trader Joe's Chipolte Flat Iron Beef Chuck Steak according to package. Allow steak to cool then cut into thin strips.
- Divide the steak between the bottoms of the baquettes, layer with the onion and green pepper mixture then top with sliced cheese.
- Place on cookie sheet and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 634| Total Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1445mg | Carbohydrates: 67g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10 g | Protein: 38g
Serving size: 1 Philly Cheesesteak