Thai chicken enchiladas – sweet, tangy, and slightly spicy enchiladas packed with chicken, shredded cabbage, carrots, onions, crushed peanuts, and cilantro all rolled up in flour tortillas and swimming in coconut milk and sweet chili sauce.
Thai Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Yield: 8 enchiladas
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 20 min
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 16-oz package Trader Joe's Just Chicken
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups Trader Joe's Light Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup Trader Joe's Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cabbage, carrots, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the chicken, green onions, peanuts, cilantro, remaining salt and pepper, tossing to coat, and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in 3/4 cup coconut milk and 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce, mixing thoroughly to combine; remove from heat.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Whisk together remaining coconut milk and sweet chili sauce and pour about 1/2 cup on the bottom of the dish.
- Assemble the enchiladas: Warm the tortillas for a minute in the microwave, or one by one in a skillet. Add 1/8 of the chicken mixture to each tortilla, and roll it up. Place the enchilada seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top the enchiladas with the remaining coconut milk and chili sauce mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and spoon sauce from the bottom of the dish over the top of the enchiladas. Top with additional peanuts and cilantro.