Simple stir-fry of tofu and baby broccoli with spinach, garlic, ginger, green onions, red chilis, lime, and Trader Ming's General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce. Broccoli and tofu form the base of this stir-fry beyond that there are many layers of flavor and texture; heat from the fresh ginger and red chiles, sweet and buttery flavor from the cashews, a bit of tang from the lime, and sweetness from the stir fry sauce. Serve over rice, noodles, or straight out of the bowl.
Tofu Stir-Fry with Baby Broccoli, Spinach, and Cashews Recipe
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 15 min active | Cook time: 6 min
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Toasted Sesame Oil
- 8 ounces Trader Joe's High Protein Organic Super Firm Tofu, drained, pressed, cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 1 8 ounce package Trader Joe's Organic Baby Broccoli, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Trader Joe's Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pinches fine-grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Cashew Pieces, toasted
- 3 ounces Trader Joe's Organic Spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tablespoons Trader Ming's General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet, or well-seasoned wok over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add the tofu and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan. Once hot, add the broccoli, onions, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir-fry for 1 minute then add the cashews, spinach, and garlic. Stir-fry until the spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Return the tofu to the pan. Stir in the lime juice and Trader Ming's General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce. Cook for another 10-20 seconds, stirring constantly.